- How far along: all done with 28 weeks. Do you know what that means? Holy Toledo, guys. That means I'm already in my 29th week. You know what that means? That means that there are only 11 weeks until my due date. I'm only a week away from being 30 weeks. I don't know about your but that's pretty Hold-The-Heck-Up startling. Let's just take a minute to think about how NOT FAR away that is...........
- This week Xavi was the size of an eggplant. That's not small, guys. Average babies at this time are 13.6 to 14.8 inches long and about 1.5 to 2.2 pounds. I know for a fact he's long enough to stretch across my belly. I saw it (and felt it) happen this week. Pretty weird. My stomach was a pointy oval for about a second. Glad I got to see it... also a bit creeped out. I have forgotten what it feels like to have a still tummy. This week Xavi continued to put on layers of fat and apparently his lungs are mature enough that he could probably breathe on his own if he were born prematurely. I'll take you for your work, The Bump App. Not interested in making that little tidbit of information my Science Fair Project or anything. I'll be able to hold on a few more weeks.
- How I'm feeling: Good. I may be in an Easter Coma. I love lots of things about Easter. Usually I totally binge and then regret it for a week and bust my butt to button my pants for a week. This year I was more cautious. Not as much fun. Booooo..... But baking a baby is totally worth passing up on that Family Size bag of Peanut Butter M&M's.
- Total weight gain/loss: +19 guys! I need you to be excited about that. Because we sure are! I haven't gained just 1 pound in a long time. I like this 1 pound thing...
- Maternity Clothes: Okay. I have been rockin' the Maxi skirt as of late. I am stubborn... and cheap. I didn't/don't want to spend money on maternity clothes that aren't going to fit forever. However, as I got dressed this morning, I looked in the mirror. I thought to myself, "I totally look like a Duggar." I love me some Maxi. Don't get me wrong. But this long skirt thing is getting old. I feel like I should be the 217th member of the Duggar Family. I think a pair of maternity jeans just may be in my future...
- Best moments this past week:
- I don't have Gestational Diabetes! I took the test and passed by 3 points. The "Orange Drink" that everyone warned me about was actually Fruit Punch flavored and not awful. It tasted like Kool-Aid with only 1/2 of the recommended amount of water mixed in. Not awful... but not something I'd be interested in chugging down every day.
- We seeded the back yard this past weekend. It was so much fun. I love doing things with Jason. He's so knowledgeable about so many things and he's so much fun to work with. We raked the yard and went to home depot for some top soil and seed. It seems dull and boring but I really enjoy time that we spend together. Alicia and Jason Alone Time is ticking away and I want to get in as much as I can. Soon we'll be able to share our time with our sweet baby. But, for half of our lives it's just been us. (With parental supervision for some of it!)
- Yesterday was Easter. We had a great day. We woke up on time and I made some pancakes for breakfast. We spent the early afternoon with my family eating and opening our Easter Baskets that were filled with lots of fun things. Then we went to Jason's mom's house and spend the evening there. We played basketball and threw the frisbee around. We also worked on our World Cup Sticker Albums that Jason and his cousin and uncle are totally obsessed with. It was a good day.
- Before Easter lunch at my parent's house, we stopped by my grandmother's house. Jason's cousin gave us a glider, along with a bazillion other things, early on in our pregnancy. As the ideas for Xavi's room came to be, we realized that the glider wasn't going to 'go'. We decided to give the glider to my grandmother who is was in need of a new chair so badly. She was so thankful and so appreciative. I was happy to make her day/week/month and see her so happy. :)
- Our puppy, Abby, had her first birthday yesterday, too! We bought some puppy ice cream and she and Mia had a small ice cream party in the backyard. It was fun.
- Food Cravings: Steak... again. I just want the protein. I also ain't hatin' the A-1 Steak Sauce either. I went to eat with my team last Friday because we didn't have any kids and my entire plate was cleaned before the waiter even had time to being the ketchup that someone asked for... they noticed. I was not ashamed.
- Wedding Rings: On. For now. I can tell that it's going to be a battle soon, though. It used to be hard to take them off late at night but in the morning I could just slip all 3 rings on at once. Not now. I have to do one at a time and work for it.
- Labor Signs: No Way! I do think that I was introduced to Mr. Braxton Hicks this week though. I know that they happen all throughout the pregnancy and most of the time they aren't even felt. This was either Braxton Hicks or some crazy gas. Let's go with Mr. Hicks, mmmKay?
- Movement: All the time. All over the place. Who knew that your belly could look like you swallowed a football whole?
- Belly Button: In. - But almost flat. I think we're going to lose it soon, guys. Can't even get a finger in there now.
- What I miss: sleeping on my belly, my belly button, jeans/work pants
- What we're looking forward to:
- The glider coming in
- We're starting to discuss artwork for Xavi's room. I think we're narrowing it down and I can't wait to find what we're looking for. :) Decorating is so much fun... even more fun when it's for your sweet baby.
- Weekly wisdom:
- Enjoy your belly button while you can. I'm so jealous of you people who can get belly button lint.
- Inhale that steak, green beans, and broccoli at lunch. It's amazing. No regrets.
Maybe I'll toss up a picture of me next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment