Sayonara 34 weeks!
- How far along? 34 weeks - Finito!.
- This week Xavi was the size of a butternut squash. What random stuff. Geeze. Any-whooo... They say he's about 17.2 to 18.7 inches long and the Dr. told me last week that she thinks he's about 5 pounds right now. I asked her to double check and make sure he wasn't 25 pounds - which would explain this rapid weight gain. She stuck with 5. Boo.
- Total weight gain/loss: More that I wanted to. The swelling isn't going down and as Xavi grows so do I. I'm healthy. Let's put it that way. I really haven't stepped on a scale, though. Ignorance is bliss.
- Best moments this past week:
- Jason had try-outs for his competitive team. It's an awful week for him. He doesn't sleep leading up to it and the week of is even worse. He always gets so stressed out about no one showing up and then he stresses when he has to cut kids. I love it because it lets me do some paperwork that isn't school related. I always get so excited about it and then after the first day I'm ready for it to be over because of what it does to Jason. I guess this is a 'best moment' because it's over and we don't have to do it for a whole year...
- We had our third (and final) baby shower at Jason's mom's house on Saturday. It was fun and we got a lot of good stuff. :) We're starting to buy whatever else we need and getting the house organized for him. Now that we know what we have and what we need it's much easier to wrap our brains about what our life will look like in a month. Please understand that I'm not saying that I know what life will be like - I'm saying that I know where I'm going to stick that vibrating chair for now. I know we have no clue what's about to happen. Again - ignorance is bliss.
- 7 weeks ago when we ordered our glider Jason saw a stuffed elephant at Babies R Us and has been talking about it since. He wanted it for Xavi's room. We didn't want to have a theme but once he saw this elephant so many other ideas came on in. This week? This week we bought
Xavi Jason that elephant. It's so sweet. It's bigger than Mia. We love it. It fits nicely in a cozy corner in his room and I can already hear myself telling Xavi to get off of it and stop climbing on it. Ha ha. Here's the elephant:
- Food Cravings: Watermelon. Watermelon. Watermelon.
- Labor Signs: I don't think so. I'd know, I'm sure.
- Movement: Like woah.
- Belly Button: I think it's winking at me.
- What I miss: My ankles. Seeing my feet when I stand up.
- What we're looking forward to:
- Tonight we're going to see Japan vs. Costa Rica play a soccer game at Raymond James. We're pretty pumped about the World Cup so the friendlies before are going to be fun.
- Friday we're going to see another 2 teams play at Raymond James. I don't know who it is yet. I'll figure it out.
- Saturday we're driving to Jacksonville to watch the US Men's team play against someone.. we're excited about that too. I'm really excited that we're going to stay in a hotel room. That means I have a change of sleeping in a decent bed. We're in need of a new one.
- Summer starts this week. Jason's last day with kids was Friday (5/30) but he has meetings until Wednesday. My last day with kids is Wednesday (6/4) but I have to stay to pack up my room on Thursday. Thankfully Jason is coming to help. I'm a slow packer these days... I'm slow at everything. There was a fire drill today and I'm pretty certain that if it had been real I would have been scorched. True story.
- Weekly wisdom:
- Water. Publix sells 50oz bottles for 89 cents. It's way easier to keep track of drink 2 of those a day rather than 6 regular sized water bottles.
- The bowl from the medium sized container of watermelon from Publix fits perfectly into the cup holder in my car. Try it. You're welcome.
- Sometimes you wear a size 7.5 shoe before you get pregnant. Then one day you wake up and have to go out and buy some big ol' size 9s because everything gets bigger when you're pregnant.
- Everything gets bigger when you're pregnant.
- Watermelon.
No comments:
Post a Comment