Well... we're all done with 39 weeks. Today is my due date. So far? So far we got nothin'. I had another appointment last Thursday and it was with one of the male doctors in the practice. What does that mean? That means I get minimal details. He checked me, said nothing was going on, and said he'd see me in a week. I can only assume that I havent lost the progress I had the week before! My next appointment is July 10 - which will be 3 days after my due date. He did say we'd talk about induction if I hadn't had the baby by then. I'm thinking this kid is coming on the 11th. (So does my dad) I'll tell you what - if I go into labor and I'm in the hospital on 7/11, someone better bring me a free stinkin' Coke slurpee! I look forward to Free Slurpee Day every year... and may have driven out of my way to find one that wasn't out of Coke slurpees last year! Take note.
Anyway...
- How far along? All done with 39 weeks.
- This week Xavi was the size of a watermelon. Babies are usually 18.9-20.9 inches long at 39 weeks. They're about 6.2-9.2 pounds. The bump says he's probably able to flex his limbs now. Probably? There's no probably. This kid has no problem with flexing anything. I've been elbowed and kneed in the ribs more times in the last week than I can believe. His finger nails may extend past his fingertips too. Should I pack some baby nail clippers?
- Total weight gain/loss: A lot. I'm gaining and Jason's losing. I'm pretty sure we'll weigh the same amount if this kid isn't born soon. The swelling is out of control. I can't wait for the swelling to go away.
- Best moments this past week:
- A couple of Jason's aunts and one cousin were here from Colombia and we spent lots of time with them. Jason took his younger cousins to Busch Gardens. They had so much fun. I had to stay home because I would have been a Grumpy Guss since I can't ride anything. I'm happy he got to spend so much time with them.
- All of my thank-you notes have been written for the baby showers we have had! Thank you notes have been on my to-do-list for more than a month. The pain I have in my hands keeps me from doing lots of things - including writing. It's so painful that I just kept pushing it off. While Jason was as Busch Gardens I literally made a day of it and took my sweet time to write the last few that I had. Yahoo!
- Food Cravings: Honey Grahams. Yum. Vitamin Water has a new (?) flavor called "Go-Go". It's a mixed berry and it floats my boat.
- Labor Signs: I think I'm having some Braxton Hicks. They're not fun but also not rhythmic. I have one and then nothing for hours.
- Movement: It's not as much as it was before (probably because he's the size of a freakin' watermelon!) but it's definitely happening. He's super low and it's hard to get up out of bed or off the couch... which is the #1 thing that Jason will miss about me being pregnant. He thinks it's so funny when I get stuck and can't get up. Frankly, his imitations of me struggling are hilarious so I think I'm gonna miss being stuck on the couch too!
- Belly Button: One day we shall meet again.
- What I miss: My knee caps, my feet, quickly painting my toenails (I can still do it and I'm so proud of myself for that - but man does it require a lot of time and a lot of grunting and position changes!), sleeping on my belly, sweet tea, painless ribs
- What we're looking forward to:
- Xavi's Birthday!
- Weekly wisdom:
- Be patient. It's not about you anymore.
Well. We're officially 40 weeks today. That means when I wake up pregnant tomorrow I'll be starting my 10th month of pregnancy. Delightful.
No comments:
Post a Comment