“I feel so lucky that I get to be his mama!”
I used to hear this and think, “Duh. What do you mean you
feel ‘lucky’? Did you not know what you were getting yourself into?”
I was always so
confused when I’d hear moms say things like that. I didn’t get it.
Now I do.
I get it.
I feel SO lucky to be Xavi’s mama.
I was thinking the other day about how so many people in our
lives LOVE our sweet boy. I was thinking about how often we’re asked how he’s
doing. Or how often we have someone tell us that they miss his face.
Then I thought about how I get to come home to that face
every day.
And I got it.
I’m so lucky to be his mama.
And here I sit… writing his 6 month update – 4 days after he
turned 7 months. (What can I say? It’s the first time I’ve had time AND energy
to sit down and take a minute!)
Six-Month Old Xavi is delightful.
He’s sweet and funny. He loves everyone he meets – and the
feeling is mutual. He’s such a “good baby”. He travels well and totally goes
with the flow.
His smile is the sweetest and his giggles come straight from
his soul.
He loves his puppies. He loves his party chair and the
walker at Granny and Grampa’s house. He loves his silly Abuelita and LOVES bath
time!
He’s got 2 toofers and he’s workin’ on a third. He’s close
to 19 pounds and I’m pretty sure he’s going to be a giant when he grows up.
He’s got enough hair to make a Bath Tub Mohawk and is almost
waving and clapping.
He’d rather walk around holding your hands instead of even pretending to
think about crawling or sitting down. However, when he does sit he’ll play with
his toys forever and not make a peep.
He (right now) seems to be independent. I’m soaking up every
single second of that since I don’t expect it to last forever.
The second I put him down for bed at night I miss him and I
want him to wake back up so we can play.
And Jason. Who knew that you could fall in love over and
over again every single day? Just watching the two of them together melts my
heart.
I get it now. And I do feel so lucky.
Who’s got time to write a blog when you’ve got this sweet
face to kiss on….
No comments:
Post a Comment