We still have a whole lot going on anyway! During week 14 baby has almost doubled in weight since last week. (That explains my weight!) Thebump.com says that baby could be sucking on thumbs and wiggling toes. How stinkin' sweet. I can't stand it! This week something called 'lanugo' started to grow. No, that's not where the mermaids from Peter Pan hung out. That's peach-fuzz that covers the body. It's is supposed to help keep baby warm. Good, because we've had a couple cold days here lately and baby will need all the help he or she can get.
- How far along: 14 weeks
- Baby is the size of: a lemon. He or she is about 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces. We're getting to real ounces, guys!
- How I'm feeling: Cold. We had 2 really cold days last week. I don't know how or why anyone can/does live in places that snow. It was in the 40s here and we were miserable. It's supposed to get cold this week and I am not interested in it. Other than that I feel good. Hungry, but good.
- Total weight gain/loss: +4.5. But don't forget, the baby doubled it's weight. One day I was up 5 pounds. I had a salad for dinner that night and the next day too. 5 is a scary number to me. That's a whole hand of pounds!
- Maternity Clothes: I got a belly band this week and bought 1 maternity sweater. I don't need the sweater yet but it was really cute. So I went for it. The belly band has been worn but not because I needed it. I just wanted to take it on a test drive. I think we're going to be friends.
- Morning Sickness: Only when I'm hungry. So I think that's just nausea.
- Best moments this past week:
- Jason's mom's boyfriend and one of his friends came over and took away all of the metal from the shed that we broke down. He didn't pay us for it but he took it away and we didn't have to deal with it. Totally worth it. Now we just have the base and some larger junk left to get rid of and the shed will be just a memory.
- We met with a handy man who is going to come over Saturday and hang the door for the baby's room, fix a door that wasn't hung correctly and hang two new closet doors. We haven't made that a priority since moving in almost 2 years ago. That's exciting.
- We got some more baby stuff from Jason's cousin. We have a great start!
- Last night I had the sweetest dream that Jason and I were swimming in a pool in the middle of my grandparent's dining room with our baby. (Insert sex of the baby here) was the cutest thing I have ever seen and I remember being so in love with the baby that I couldn't stand it. I woke up in such a happy mood and I can't get over it. It kinda makes me want to cry. Insert heart shape here.
- Food cravings:
- Boneless buffalo wings with ranch. Applebee's and Winghouse are my favorites. I could eat those every day. In fact, Friday is a day at work where I don't technically have to go and I'm considering going just because we always go to Applebee's on those kinds of days and I want some boneless buffalo wings. Go ahead and judge. I'm okay with that.
- A-1 Steak Sauce. Preferably on a sirloin steak but I may have thrown it on top of some white rice at the restaurant last night and tore. it. up. I (also) may have visited up to 3 A-1 bottles from around the restaurant to get enough steak sauce to satisfy my needs.
- Wedding Rings: On.
- Labor Signs: No Way!
- Movement: Still nothing.
- Belly Button: In.
- What I miss:
- Warm days.
- What we're looking forward to:
- Our 16 week appointment is next week.
- The second half of Jason's soccer season starts up with his club team this weekend. I have missed it. I'm pretty excited about that.
- This week I'm having dinner with 2 of my favorites from Maximo. We go out to eat every month and it's one of my favorite nights. We pick a different restaurant every time and totally overstay our welcome. I can't wait.
- Weekly wisdom:
- When your toothbrush makes you gag every morning - try a softer bristle. We usually use only soft bristles but I made a mistake last time and got the medium bristles. When we needed new brushes I made sure to get the right kind. Heaven.
- Orange Tic-Tacs should be consumed on a more regular basis. Delish.
- Keep your prenatals and a bottle of water next to your bed. That way when you pop up in the middle of the night in a panic because you forgot to take them they're right there. Staring you in the face. Upset because you forgot about them.
- Sleep in a sports bra. I hear it helps with gravity as the girls grow and grow. And, boy, do they grow!
Ok. Let's be honest. Today was not one of the days when make-up and hair-doing happened. I just was not feeling it. I'll take a picture next week. I promise - I'm doing you a favor. hashtag notcute.
No comments:
Post a Comment