Monday, January 27, 2014

Sweet 16!

Oh, Sweet 16! You've been great.

Week 16 has some pretty cool stuff goin' on! During week 16, Baby developed eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair! He or she is also able to hear my voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in his or her ears. Cool!

  • How far along: 16 whole weeks!
  • Baby is the size of: an avocado. (Another Jason favorite!) He or she is about 4.6 inches long and 3.5 ounces. How sweet.
  • How I'm feeling: This was a good week. My eating went back to normal. I had so much energy and felt motivated to do things. There were a couple of days when I had TUMS for breakfast, but thankfully that's exactly what I needed. 
  • Total weight gain/loss: +6. Officially at 6. I'm hoping that my need to be stuffing my face will help me calm the scale down a bit. Cross your fingers, folks! 
  • Maternity Clothes: Not in pants... yet. However, I am rockin' some maternity shirts. I don't think I can hold out for much longer in the pants department though. I have a feeling I'm about to have a big fat shot of reality in the zipper/button/work pants department.
  • Morning Sickness: It comes and it goes. Tonight it was the worst it's been for about a month. Not cool. 
  • Best moments this past week: 
    • We bought the fan for the nursery. It's going to be put up on Saturday. We found out about a wholesale warehouse that sells the leftovers that places like Home Depot and Lowe's doesn't sell. We got out fan for 1/2 the price of what it would cost in a regular store! I love saving money!
    • We had our 16 week appointment. It was so quick I don't think I believe I was even there. I heard the heartbeat and that. was. it. It was a quick appointment but that heartbeat is always fun to hear. 
    • I learned that I do a heckuva reenactment/example/impersonation of our baby's heartbeat. Be jealous. It's really good.
    • I learned that I'm really good at coming up with Weekly Wisdom in the shower. I forget it as soon as I turn the water off, so if you're even in the neighborhood, I'll have some great things to share as you sit on my toilet.
    • Over the last week one thing we have been really stressed about (really - but hey... it's a scary thing!) is getting back our blood results for the NT scan and other scary kinds of things. It's kinda caused me more stress than I would have ever thought. Anywho - I talked to the nurse today and they said my blood work came back NORMAL! Sometimes 'normal' is the best. We can now get back to our regularly scheduled programming...
    • Jason's Shorecrest team won their District game. They play Regionals on Thursday. We're way excited about it. 
    • Potential movement??
    • We made out appointment for Baby's anatomy scan. We'll hopefully be able to tell if baby is a 'he' or a 'she' on February 19th! We're super excited!!
    • I told my class that I'm having a baby. One kid told me I'm 'gonna get fat'. Another kid told me it's gonna hurt when I push the kid out. Thanks for the advice and confidence, kids. 
  • Food cravings: My grandmom's macaroni and cheese. I CAN.NOT wait to eat it tonight.
  • Wedding Rings: On.
  • Labor Signs: No Way!
  • Movement: I think so... It was Tuesday night (1/21). We were at Jason's mom's house. It felt like a mix of everything everyone has told me and nothing like anything I have felt before. I was so calm and relaxed. The right kind of after-dinner-full. I haven't felt it since. We're gonna call it 'movement'. :)
  • Belly Button: In.
  • What I miss: 
    • Warm days
    • Not feeling nauseated
  • What we're looking forward to: 
    • Getting my observation over-with. It's tomorrow and I always stress out about it. I'm a worrier to begin with but I always get so nervous about being observed. It's the formal ones that get to me. Ugh.
  • Weekly wisdom: 
    • Write down your genius ideas before your get out of the shower. 
    •  Stash some TUMS in a couch cushion. #1 idea of the week!
                                I wish I felt more wise. 

No picture this week. Not much has changed. Pictures might just a an every-other-week kinda thing.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment