Sunday, February 23, 2014

20 Weeks!

What. A. Week.

This has got to be one of the best weeks we've had so far! It is right up there with the week we told our families and the week we told Facebook.

We are so excited that we can now stop calling the baby:
1. "The Baby"
2. "It"
3. "Shim"

We're super excited to announce that we're having a sweet baby BOY!! We will name him Xavi (shav-ee)-Andres. Jason picked the name out a year or 2 ago. I hated it at first but he stuck with it. He's vetoed anything I ever suggested and over time it grew on me. Jason picked 2 of his favorite soccer players and make a pretty awesome name. It's perfect for our family. I love it now. So much so that I don't even care if others hate it. I can't wait to yell it across the house! His first name will be hyphenated because it's tradition in my family for the first born to have a hyphenated first name. He won't have a middle name and that's perfect because Jason doesn't have one.

  • How far along: 20 weeks - Half way there!
  • Xavi is the size of: a banana. During week 20 Xavi was 6.5 inches long and 10.6 ounces. This week he was working on taste buds! The hair on his head has started to grow and I hear that this week is when hiccups can start. I haven't felt any yet and I'm a little bit excited for them to start. Then again I also hear about how annoying they get so they can just hang on for a while. That'd be cool too. 
  • How I'm feeling: Wonderful. No explanation necessary!
  • Total weight gain/loss: This morning the scale told me +7.5. BUT that was after breakfast. We'll go with it but trust me that tomorrow I'll jump right back on the scale to double-check! 
  • Maternity Clothes: I bought another shirt for our reveal party. It was pink. We tried to go look at Babies R Us because their maternity section was 70% off. My issue was #1: There wasn't much to choose from. #2: What was there was hideous. I think I'll hang on to the belly band for now!
  • Morning Sickness:  N.O.N.E.! Ya-Hooo!
  • Best moments this past week:
    • 20 week visit:
      • Seeing the baby.
      • Learning that HE is a HE
      • Learning that HE is healthy!
      • Learning that my placenta is now in a safe spot:
        • At 12 weeks I was diagnosed with Placenta Previa. This basically means that my placenta was covering the cervix. If it didn't move it would mean I'd have to have a C-Section. It also meant that I had to be extra careful with everything I did. I couldn't carry too much weight and had to be careful with the kinds of exercise I did. You can read more about it here.
    • Our reveal party. It was very small. Just my immediate family, Jason's mom, and 3 of our very bestest friends. We bought some blue silly string and wrapped it with wrapping paper to hid any color evidence. Our family made a circle and we stood in the middle. They sprayed us and simultaneously screamed with excitement. We had everyone vote and it came out to an even tie: 6 votes for girl. 6 votes for boy. There was also pizza.
    • JASON FELT XAVI KICK FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS AFTERNOON! The look on his face is one I'll never forget. It was a really special moment. Insert 'AWWWW' here. 
  • Food cravings: None.
  • Wedding Rings: On. :)
  • Labor Signs: No Way!
  • Movement: Heck-to-the-yes. It's almost constant and I love that Jason can feel it now! 
  • Belly Button: In. 
  • What I miss: Nothing.
  • What we're looking forward to: 
    • Ordering the dressers.
    • Registering.
    • Is it too soon to start thinking about Spring Break??
  • Weekly wisdom: 
    • Keep the sex of your baby a secret for a few days. (If you can stand it.) It was fun to have that secret just for us.
    • Sleep.
Pictures from our party coming up next!



No comments:

Post a Comment