Monday, May 5, 2014

30 Weeks

I need you to take a minute to think about how far we've come. This is my 30 week update. I'm telling you what my 30th week (last week) was like. That means that I have actually already started my 31st week. That means we have reached the "Single-Digits-In-Weeks-Until-My-Due-Date" range. Feel free to panic.

Now that we're all done panicking...

  • How far along: all done with 30 weeks. 2 hands worth of weeks until our due date. It's coming quick. Scarily quick. We're growing up so fast...
  • This week Xavi was the size of a cucumber. I'm gonna imagine that they're talking about length-wise. Because I know he sure as heck isn't that skinny. Babies this size are, on average, 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and 2.5 to 3.8 inches long. We're talking about those long skinny cucumbers. 
  • Total weight gain/loss: I forgot to weigh myself this morning. Right now I'm at +23. I am gonna stick with that even though that means I gained 4 pounds in a week. More on that later... 
  • Maternity Clothes: I am proud so say that I bought 2 maternity dresses this week and I am in L.O.V.E. They're so comfortable and so cute and I get to be comfy and not look like a Duggar. I bought one in a size that is too big and I'm hoping to find it in the size I need tonight when I drive to St. Pete. Since I only have 1 in a size I need I may have worn it every day since buying it. (Don't worry. I did a load of laundry each night so I was wearing a clean dress.) 
  • Best moments this past week:
    • Finding my dresses at Target. Have I mentioned I'm in love?!
    • We found a sweet little ceramic elephant for his room while we were out on Saturday afternoon. I love it. Jason does not love my elephant impersonation.
  • Food Cravings: Olive Garden Salad. Let it be known that the Montoya's love Olive Garden about a gajillion times more than Carrabba's. From the drink menu to the appetizers and bread and food choices. Olive Garden all the way. We had it Friday night and all was right in the world. mmm... 
  • Wedding Rings: This week was the week. My wedding rings no longer fit. It's pretty sad. I love them. I tried on Wednesday to squeeze them on. I got them on and walked from one bathroom to the other. By the time I got to the guest bathroom my entire finger was eggplant purple and swollen to more than double it's normal size. It took me about 5 minutes to get all 3 rings off and I felt the pain and discomfort all day. This brings me back to the +23 pounds for this week. You name it - it's swollen. My watch is getting to be too tight, the hair band that I keep around my wrist is leaving marks, even my sandals are starting to dig in. I've upped my water intake and heard that some lemon added to the water can help with the swelling. Epsom salt is on my grocery list and we're going to try that out. Jason has been rubbing my feet at night and that seems to help for a while. All I can think of is Kim Kardashian's feet when she was pregnant and I can totally feel for her:
     
Now, I would recommend sticking to flats, but we all have our preferences. So I'd like to blame most of that weight gain on that. Agree with me. 
  • Labor Signs: None. 
  • Movement: It's constant. He lives on my left side 95% of the time and moves mostly during the day. He's not very active at night and I get to sleep well. (Sleep would be better if we weren't in need of a new bed!) I feel him even when I'm standing and walking around. For most of the day my stomach looks pretty lop-sided and we can all tell that he's hanging out on the left side. When I lie down he moves more and it's really funny to watch. I get distracted in meetings or when I'm having conversations with people. I'm sure they understand. Sometimes he'll kick the heck out of me and people around me freak out and think that I need help. That's always fun. 
  • Belly Button: Flat. We said good-bye to my belly button this week, too. 
  • What I miss: My wedding rings, shoes that fit
  • What we're looking forward to: 
    • This Saturday is my first of 3 showers. Because of family size and lack of places to hold a shower with 50-60 people, we decided as a couple/family that it would be easier and more comfortable for all if we had separate showers. I have been at parties before where I felt so uncomfortable because there were so many people I didn't know. I have so much anxiety about pleasing everyone at all times that it will be much easier for me to relax and enjoy the day if I'm not worried about whether everyone is comfortable or understanding everything that's being said or if everyone's included. :)
    • Summer is <soclose> and we can't wait. We're in the teens of days and I really can't believe that we're already in May!
    • Next Friday is our 5 year wedding anniversary. I love our traditions for our anniversary. Every year we go to dinner at the hotel where we were married. We have yummy food and watch the sun set on the beach. We get yummy dessert and I always end up in tears talking about our wedding day. After dinner we go back home and write our memories from the past year in a journal that I made for Jason on our first anniversary (paper). We're going to have lots to write in there this year. We take a picture every year and add that to it so we can see how we've changed. We'll start adding in pictures of Xavi, too, so we can see how he's changed. It's always a good night.
    • The World Cup starts next month. Jason's a bit of a soccer fan so we're all super excited about that. 
  • Weekly wisdom: 
    • When your wedding rings can't fit anymore and you get a $10 ring from Target to wear in the mean time the "diamonds" will probably fall out before the end of the day.
    • Practice shaving with the lights out or with your eyes closed. There's going to come a time when you're just guessing and you'll be glad that you're a pro by then. 
    • Pay attention to the memories you're making. They're pretty great. 
Well, that's what 30 weeks was like. Pretty big week for us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment