Monday, December 2, 2013

At the end of 4 weeks...

(Friday 11/8/13)

We're a whole hand pregnant, guys! High 5 to that! ;)

  • How far along: 4 weeks.
  • Baby is the size of: a poppyseed
  • How I'm feeling: Exhausted. Who knew that such a tiny being could make all of this fuss. I have been super busy growing a human, guys. I need a nap.
  • Total weight gain/loss: Since this is my first post: +1 pound. I'm pretty sure that's all bloat though.
  • Maternity Clothes: Not yet. Phew!
  • Sleep: I could sleep for a living, y'all. I was afraid to wear my sunglasses on the drive home from work this week because I was sure I'd fall asleep at the wheel.
  • Morning Sickness: Not as bad this week as last week. I'm getting better at being pregnant. I make sure to bring my Cheerio's and snack on them throughout the morning. They're solving the problem for now.
  • Best moments this past week: We had quite a few:
    • We called it "The Baby's Room" for the first time. It was weird. For more than a year it's just been "The Green Room".
    • Jason was such a great guy and he spray painted my picture frame chalk board for my upcoming weekly bump pictures. I don't have any pictures of this process because I was not allowed anywhere paint fumes and had to be approved to enter the garage between coats. So sweet. Since I don't have a bump yet and I'm not too into the idea of showcasing bloat, those posts will start in a few weeks!
    • Best News of All: I got to see our sweet baby this week. Earlier in the week I had some sharp pains in my abdomen. I called the Dr. and they wanted to see me the next day to make sure implantation had occurred in the right spot. Good News: We're in the right spot. GPS/Navigation is in full effect. We're growing right along and I saw the sweet spec on the screen. Jason couldn't be there so I was so thankful that the Dr. printed me out a picture of our little nugget and he got to see the baby too! He actually could see what I was pointing to... although at first he thought it was a close-up of the baby's eye. Poor, J. He'll get there.
  • Food cravings: Nothing. At. All. However, I could do without sweets. I passed up a bag of M&Ms this week and didn't even have to convince myself to do it. I could eat bread 24/7.
  • Wedding Rings: On.
  • Labor Signs: No Way!
  • Movement: Nothing yet.
  • Belly Button: In.
  • What I miss: Energy. I wish I had the energy to explain. But I don't.
  • What we're looking forward to: Next week the Dr. wants me to come back in. She's hoping to see the heartbeat. I'm pretty excited about that. We're both still looking forward to the 22nd. Then we'll both be able to see the baby. I'm pretty pumped for the weekend, too. I can't want to sleep all day.
  • Weekly wisdom: When you have an emergency/surprise Drs. appointment to check on your baby, just tell your teammates you're going to the dentist. Totally works. Do yourself a favor and have no cavities when they ask you about it, too. Just because you can.
There's 5 weeks. Today Jason said, "5 weeks, huh? So what's that - like 35 weeks left?" He's great at math. Hope our baby gets his skills in that department!

No comments:

Post a Comment