Monday, December 2, 2013

At the end of 6 weeks...

Monday, November 18, 2013

Yep you read that right. 6 weeks. No I didn't miss a week - we had our due date changed! More on that later!

Here's the juicy stuff:
  • How far along: 6 weeks. Holy cow. That went fast! 
  • Baby is the size of: a sweet pea. You guys, this might be my favorite week of all. For my whole life my dad has called me Sweet Pea. I love it. He used to sing the song to me and it's one of my favorite things in the world. I considered making it my Father/Daughter dance song at our wedding but I decided it was more of a boyfriend/girlfriend song than a father/daughter song. Don't worry. The song we chose was perfect anyway. 
  • How I'm feeling: Exhausted. Nauseated. Oh, the nausea. Oh, the exhaustion. I also kinda feel like a beagle. My sniffer is on high alert these days. 
  • Total weight gain/loss: -1. I told you, folks. Nausea. 
  • Maternity Clothes: Not yet. But I am considering just wearing pajama pants everywhere I go. Totally just kidding!
  • Sleep: Yes, please. We went to Jacksonville for a coaching course training. While Jason was out goal-keepering (that's a thing) I slept ALL. DAY. I'm talking 7:45 in the morning until 6:30 in the evening when he got back. It was delightful. 
  • Morning Sickness: I'm pretty sure the person who coined the term "Morning Sickness" was a man. There ain't nothing morning about it. Holy cow, you guys. My poor kids at school. One of them said, "Wow, Mrs. Montoya. You're eating a lot of those Pringles!" I sure am, kid. I sure am. 
  • Best moments this past week: Where do I even begin?!
    • Thursday I had my confirmation ultrasound. I saw the baby's heartbeat. I have never been so excited about a flickering light. I was so thankful that the Ultrasound Tech just let it show up on the screen until I had my fill. She was so patient with me and didn't rush me. She let me watch it for as long as I wanted. She measured the heartbeat and it was 112 bpm. She said that's perfect for how far along we are. You guys. It was amazing. 
    • While I was hanging out with the ultrasound tech she measured Sweet Baby M. Initially we thought that I was 5 weeks and 6 days along (last Thursday) - but the baby measured in at 6 weeks and 3 days. That moved my due date from 7-11 to 7-7-14. Way cool dates, huh? So Sweet Baby M is due 7-7. We can't wait. (J/K - we totally have a whole bunch of stuff to do before he/she arrives. Grow, baby, grow!).
    • When I told Jason that the baby was the size of a sweet-pea this week he said, "A sweet pea for Sweet pea!" I love him. 
  • Food cravings: Anything with salt. I also HADTOHAVE a Coke Slurpee for dinner Saturday night. Not the healthiest choice - but at this point, I'll take what I can get. I think I over did it on the mac and cheese. I may have planned an entire meal around macaroni and cheese. Oh well. 
  • Wedding Rings: On.
  • Labor Signs: No Way!
  • Movement: Nothing yet.
  • Belly Button: In.
  • What I miss: Food. 
  • What we're looking forward to: Saturday we're going to tell Jason's mom's family. We decided when we got pregnant that we wanted to share the news with our families on Thanksgiving. We wanted everyone to be there and share in the excitement all at the same time. She's doing her Thanksgiving early this year so that's just the way it worked out. I can't believe someone else besides our Dr. is going to know. It has been so fun having this secret between just Jason and I. 
  • Weekly wisdom: Eat whatever will go down. Pizza Hut will deliver straight to your hotel room door. That way you don't even have to change out of your pajamas when the pizza comes at 3 in the afternoon. The Sour Patch Kids in the hotel marketplace are probably stale. Yuck - yet still delicious. 
So there we are. 6 whole weeks. It's going by so fast. I'd like to make it my goal to put up a picture of the 6 week 3 day ultrasound... We'll see how that works out. :)

Here's some Sweet Pea just in case you were feeling the need for some happiness:




No comments:

Post a Comment