Let's just take a minute to think about how this is Thanksgiving Week...
mmmmmm.......
- How far along: 7 whole weeks, you guys!
- Baby is the size of: a blueberry. One of my favorites. He or she is measuring at about 0.51 inches. He or she definitely has plenty of room in there!
- How I'm feeling: Thankful. Thankful for a week off to rest. Thankful for a week of to spend with Jason. Thankful for a week off where I don't have to pretend like I feel like a normal person. Thankful that we're announcing our pregnancy to family at their Thanksgiving Celebrations this week. Just plain thankful. There are so many yucky feelings I have going on right now and it would be SO easy to focus on that. These yucky feelings remind me of how lucky we are to have a healthy baby and how lucky we are to have been able to get pregnant on our first try. I really hope that baby stays healthy and we continue to receive good news from our doctor.
- Total weight gain/loss: -2.5 pounds. You guys - the nausea is going away (Thanks to the magic B-6 vitamin my Dr. told me to take!), however I still don't have much of an appetite. Don't worry. The holidays are upon us and I have no doubt that I'll be going back up in the next few days!
- Maternity Clothes: Not yet. But I am starting to think about them. I am window shopping and looking online. I'm a planner.
- Sleep: My current favorite thing. It helps me push through nausea. Me and Sleep? We're kinda BFF right now.
- Morning Sickness: I broke down and called my Dr about this one. I am trying REALLY hard not to be the stereotypical "First Time Mom" and freak out about everything I eat or drink. Obviously I'm staying away from the alcohol and (for now) the lunch meat - but if I want something, I eat it. If I'm craving a Coke, I have it. I couldn't take the nausea anymore so when the Dr suggested a B-6 vitamin I went for it. Thank the Lord for sweet relief! I have read about so many other moms who are against any drug at all - but, hey, if the Dr says it's okay and it helps me get back to my regularly scheduled programming - I'm all for it. So there.
- Best moments this past week:
- Can you say Thanksgiving Break??
- Also, Saturday we told Jason's mom's side of the family. I have been planning these pregnancy reveals for YEARS. I knew exactly how I wanted it to happen. It was perfect. I loved it. I had a hard time coming to terms with telling his side before my side - but I had to remind myself that this is about our sweet baby and it has nothing to do with who's told first. I'll be making a post with videos on Friday after my family has been told. :)
- Food cravings: Sour Patch Kids. They are currently sitting on the counter calling my name. (Hang on friends, I'll be there soon!) Chocolate - specifically the Quick that Jason makes for me when I have a grumbly tumbly. He's so sweet with me. <3
- Wedding Rings: On.
- Labor Signs: No Way!
- Movement: Nothing yet.
- Belly Button: In.
- What I miss: Not much. Maybe food still. It's just not the same. I have a severe aversion to anything greasy. We had McDonald's last night because the coupon made it seem like a good idea. I was regretting it as soon as they passed the bag through the window.
- What we're looking forward to:
- We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Jason will get to see the baby for the first time. I'm hoping to hear the heartbeat for the first time, although I know it might be too early for that.
- I am over-the-moon excited about telling my family. Like I said, I have been planning this for quite a while.
- Thanksgiving at my parent's house. I could cry... more on that in a minute.
- Weekly wisdom:
- B-6 is your friend.
- If you think you love your husband before you get pregnant, you're in for a huge surprise once there's a baby growing inside you. He will rise to the occasion and do any and everything to make you happy. Jason has been SO amazing to me over the last couple of weeks. He is so understanding and so patient. I'm warning you.
Here's a new addition to the weekly updates and our current favorite game to play (ALL.DAY.LONG)
Why is Alicia crying now?
Lately I have cried for everything. It's like a joke now. Here's what's gotten me going over the last 24 hours (because that's as far back as I can remember right now!)
- Thanksgiving food is going to be so good.
- Jason's mom called last night and asked him how I was feeling. He said, "She's good. Relaxing on the couch."
- Jason looked so comfortable during his nap this afternoon.
- This one is probably the only acceptable one: A husband surprised his family yesterday at the Bucs/Lions game during halftime. I cried at the recap. Okay, I may have ugly-faced cried. Like, can't breathe, boo-hoo cry. Totally understandable - yet maybe a little over the top.
- Jason made me some Quick last night after I asked him.
That's all I have for now. I promise next week will be more ridiculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment